On Dec 9, 2005, at 5:25 PM, Maru Dubshinki wrote:

On 12/9/05, Dave Land <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Last night, I invested 45 minutes in watching Mr. Pinter's speech.

It was stunning. Not so much the production (although the three-
camera setup with a deep-blue backdrop and a large photograph of a
younger Pinter was used well enough) but the man, his ideas and his
delivery.

His offer to write a speech for President Bush and his delivery of
that speech are spellbinding. He makes no attempt to imitate Bush's
mannerisms or accent, but the short sentences, the danger masked by a
smile is very Bush. If you don't watch the whole thing, watch that
bit, very near the end.

Dare I hope there is a copy of the speech floating around online, and it
was that you watched?

I viewed it at the Nobel Prize site itself:

http://nobelprize.org/literature/laureates/2005/pinter-lecture.html

Pick high or low bandwidth format.

You can also get to the text of his speech in several languages, including the original English, there.

Dave