> But I think a comparison of Wal-Mart and Microsoft with regard to
> their business practices, why people dislike them, and why one and not
> the other has spent time in court over business practices would be
> edifying. I assume there are more similarities than one might expect
> at first glance.

What percentage of the operating systems business does Microsoft have?
Isn't it close to 95%?  What percentage of the retail business does
Wal-Mart have?  Less than 9% according to Wilkipedia...which can stand
correction if you have a better source.  Still, I know it's not near 50%.

Microsoft gives away features that are the main source of income for other
companies (i.e. Microsoft Explorer vs. Netscape).  I cannot think of a
comparable action by Wal-Mart.  If I own a PC computer (not including
Apples, which I'd label , it's hard to get away from Microsoft.  If I want
to buy most retail items, I can and do go to Target.

Were you thinking of another comparison?

Dan M.