Max Battcher wrote:

> As a person who has had to work across radixes it is much
> easier to deal with radixes that are powers of two (binary,
> base 4, octal, hexadecimal) than any other arbitrary base.
> There's a reason computers use binary or unary.

They make significantly more sense than base 10, for most things.

> Base 12 sounds ridiculous,

Not if you routinely have to divide numbers into thirds or
sixths, something that's not too uncommon in the real world.
Thirds and sixths are pretty common in nature. 12 is evenly
divisible by 2, 3, 4, and 6, a much better list of factors
than the puny 2 and 5 you get with base 10.

> and all the more ridiculous for your religious ranting
> and racism.

To quote Bailiff Bull Shannon, "Oooooookaaaaay"...

I didn't see either of those things in Robert's post.
Steve Sloan ......... Huntsville, Alabama =========> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brin-L list pages .............................. http://www.brin-l.org
Science Fiction-themed online store ..... http://www.sloan3d.com/store
Chmeee's 3D Objects .................... http://www.sloan3d.com/chmeee
3D and Drawing Galleries .................. http://www.sloansteady.com
Software ................ Science Fiction, Science, and Computer Links
Science fiction scans ......................... http://www.sloan3d.com