On 19/04/2006, at 3:37 PM, Jim Sharkey wrote:

Charlie Bell wrote:
And people ask why I chose Australia for my big solo rip... no
large terrestrial maneaters is a good reason I feel! (shhhh about
the crocs  and sharks... ;) )

But doesn't Oz have, what, nine out of the ten most poisonous spiders
on the planet?

2 out of the worst 3... Black widows kill more people than funnelwebs (mind you, that's largely 'cause Aussies take their antivenin very seriously, an untreated funnelweb bite can bury you in a couple of hours...). 8 of the world's 10 most venomous land snakes.

Not to mention evil jellyfish and heaven only knows
what else.

Box jelly, peanut jelly. Plus the world's only poisonous mammal...

And you know what? Bees kill more than the rest combined. :) Glad I'm not allergic.

I'll take cougars and bears, which generally have the
good sense to avoid humans, over mindless vermin that you can't see
and think your ass is a snack bar any day.  :-)

Yeah yeah... :p

Charlie