Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

and in the spirit of protecting their nest, one of them attacks me every time I go to or near the mailbox. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to solve the problem which does not involve destroying the nest and any eggs/babies which may be in it or waiting until sometime in the fall after all the local birds have flown south for the winter to next get my mail

Have you tried wearing an old light coloured hat/cap with a big pair of angry eyes drawn on it in marker pen? Works on our territorial dive bombers here... Apparently they attack the top of your head to avoid your defences, and if they see the eyes on the top of your head, they think you're ready to counter-attack. Not sure how it works, but it does (here, anyway...)

Cheers
Russell C.

This email (including any attachments) is confidential
and copyright. The School makes no warranty about the
content of this email. Unless expressly stated, this
email does not bind the School and does not necessarily
constitute the opinion of the School.

If you have received this email in error, please delete
it and notify the sender.