Hello List -- Gotta love these intros.

T.Wavis Writ:

> Hello my ducky! What are ye at tonight, by?
>
> I just use "by", by the way.
>
> But anyway, I'm from Conception Bay, on the Avalon.
> About 50 km from St. John's.
>
> And now I have two questions:
>
> What were you doing on the Rock?
>
> Do you like Jiggs dinner?

Conception Bay?  Where did you live to?

1) Well, my son, me 'usbond worked into the gypsum at Flat Bay.  I'm not
good at speaking Bay anymore, but pride myself for passing for a native
while living there.

2) Now why d'ya tink I needs the salt beef?  I smuggled some in when my
daughter and I went back in 2000, but that is long gone.  Sigh, I can smell
the turnips, the carrots, the cabbage and the bread pudding now....

Funny story:  When we first moved there, my husband (also known as The
Engineer) thought every other man on the mine crew was named 'Buddy'  =+)).

We're left coasters now, returning to where we came from -- Cascadia.  I'm
trying to organize friends from Newfoundland for a 25 year reunion on *this*
coast, but, Jeez, it's hard to get Newfoundlanders to travel.

Julia wrote:

> Seriously, it wasn't pretty, what Kat was going through.  They're
> married now, though.  (Yay!)

Our Kat got married???  Just how out of touch am I?  (don't answer, anyone).

Do you realize that this leaves the list without a Maiden????  Seriously
folks, we have the Mother in Julia (and a few others, but I don't know if
they're still around) in Debbi who is mothering a career and a few horses,
and the Crone in me, but we need the Maiden.  Anyone care to stand up to the
role???

Anyway, Amities, all.

Jo Anne
Still Working on Goddesshood Maru