I've read about this before, but it still just astonishes me that Katrina
survivors have lost civil rights as a result.  They end up living in a
community where they are not free to talk to the press unless there is a
FEMA representative present.  They can't have a landline telephone or cable
television.  No decorations outside.

Our government has done better and can do better, much better.  What's
really awful about this, to me, is that it works against accountability.
Intimidate the people and the media so that the story isn't told.  It's not
going to work in the long run, but in the short run it is a disaster on top
of a disaster.

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2924

Nick

--