--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], David Hobby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Welcome back.

Thank you.

> I think you're missing Charlie's point.
> To me, his argument is that it is VERY hard to draw a clear
> line between things that can turn into adult humans and things
> that can't.  I advise conceding the point, unless you just
> like to argue for the fun of it.  : )

I saw that Charlie responded "precisely" to this.   *But*....  I
can't recall a single example from Charlie of something that might
be able to turn into an adult human or might not, but that it was
just too hard to tell.   Maybe I am missing something...

> May I propose that you reply:  "Anything produced by combining
> a human egg and sperm certainly counts as HUMAN.  Other things
> might also; we'll decide about clones later."

How about - any individual organism whose adult stage is an adult
human is a human?

> (Must--not--argue--with--John...

Why not?   I don't bite, do I?  ;-)

> No, it's no use, I
> can't help but gang up on you:  Personally, I think
> you ARE a long ways down a slippery slope to "every
> sperm is sacred".  Sorry.)

How terribly disappointing.   How anyone could consider a half-cell
to be human is beyond me.

JDG