On 4 Sep 2006, at 1:14AM, Andrew Crystall wrote:

On 4 Sep 2006 at 1:02, William T Goodall wrote:

A low-end Mac Pro will cost you $2,124 compared with $3,071 for a

In America. For one specific model. And with a very expensive Windows
PC make for comparison. And without similar options for warranty,
etc.

In the UK, the difference for someone like me who builds my own is in
the region of 60% more expensive for the mac in raw performance
terms, and I cannot get a base spec Mac which suits me as a gamer.

So by non-technophile you don't mean somebody who doesn't build their own PC or run Linux. OK, so what do the technophiles do then?

Blue LEDs in the nose Maru
--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"A bad thing done for a good cause is still a bad thing. It's why so few people slap their political opponents. That, and because slapping looks so silly." - Randy Cohen.