> On Behalf Of David Hobby
>
> William T Goodall wrote:
> > Agnostics don't believe that it is true that God(s) exist.
> > Atheists believe that it is not true that God(s) exist.
> >
> > In normal binary logic (true/false) these are equivalent
> since ~true
> > (NOT true) = false (and ~false = true).

> But "normal" binary logic is not used much in the real world,
> where there tend to be many other possible truth values.  The
> difference between agnosticism and atheism is a good example
> of why binary logic is not universally applicable.

I'd more say that the first line is not correct, not that binary
logic is incorrect.  I think a better statement would be that
"Agnostics don't know if God(s) exist."  Or at least as best as you
can generalize into a single statement a whole range of beliefs.

 - jmh

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information or otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized review,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message.