http://tinyurl.com/r22k8

"By Nick Britten
(Filed: 09/09/2006)

A church minister who befriended elderly parishioners before forging documents to inherit their property and possessions was given 240 hours community service yesterday.

Tony Craggs appeared the caring and enthusiastic minister the village of Charlesworth had been crying out for.

But behind the scenes he plotted to steal hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of property by ingratiating himself with his parishioners, waiting until they were close to death and signing their properties over to himself.

He was caught when one of them, Margaret Shaw, made an unexpected recovery after suffering a stroke and a brain haemorrhage. When she returned home from hospital, where Craggs, 43, had given her the last rites, she found he had forged her will, leaving her house to him.

Another spinster, Lillian Radcliffe, refused to allow Craggs near her home after she suspected what he was up to but, after she died, he appeared with documents giving himself power of attorney and possession of her house.

Last night Miss Shaw said she was appalled that Craggs had not been sent to jail. "I wanted him to serve a prison sentence. I can't believe he's been let off," she said. "After what he's put me through, it isn't fair.""

Birds of a feather Maru
--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Theists cannot be trusted as they believe that right and wrong are the arbitrary proclamations of invisible demons.