At 10:01 PM Friday 9/22/2006, maru dubshinki wrote:
On 9/22/06, Alberto Monteiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The Wikipedia entry for R is under "GNU-S" :-)

Alberto Monteiro

I hate to play the pedantic resident Wikipedia expert here, but it's
actually at [[R (programming language)]]
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_%28programming_language%29), like it
should (since programming languages' whose name are ambiguous are
supposed to be disambiguated rather than be at [[R programming
language]], which could be misleading). Now, [[GNU S]] and [[GNU-S]]
do indeed redirect to the actual article, but that's not the same
thing as the article being at those names...

~maru

So we now have R which comes from S, and C which comes from B. Anyone starting to miss the good old days when the name of a programming language actually stood for something?

-- Ronn!  :)