WARNING*******SPOILERS********

(And not necessarily all that accurate - rob)

http://tvmakesyoustupid.wordpress.com/2006/10/31/heroes-mini-spoiler-palooza/

Zach, Claire's scruffy geekboy sidekick, is gay and will come out to
her this season. This explains his "No. believe me." response when she
asked if he was flirting with her, and his choice of words when asking
if Claire is going to "Come out to her parents." It also explains why
he's glommed onto her. How much more fabulous a best girlfriend could
a high school gayboy in Odessa, TX ask for?

Nora Zehetner's character, the anviliciously named "Eden," has the
power of suggestion. She speaks it, and the listener believes it is
his or her idea. This makes a rewatch of her scenes with Mohinder very
interesting, and explains Mr. Bennett's line of "We both know you can
do better than that" in this last episode a lot more meaningful. She
will continue to supply Claire's dad with information about Isaac's
visions of Claire.

Claire's dad isn't the bad guy, here, though he was set up as such.
Not saying he's nice, either, but he's not hellbent on destruction of
the heroes, he really does love Claire, and he's not the reason New
York becomes a crater in five weeks (if Hiro's vision comes to pass).
Think Stryker from The X-Men here. He doesn't always do nice things,
but he isn't doing it to hurt people, least of all Claire.

By the way, for those of you who love to hate him, Jack Coleman, the
cheerily creepy actor who plays her dad, has been upped to series
regular as of episode 1.11, per TVGuide.com.

Zach is NOT going to stab Claire in the back as some people have
speculated. In fact, he ends up in a heap of trouble because of her.

The eclipse is not what triggered everyone's superpowers. Nor was
Mohinder's dad necessarily right about it all being due to genetics.
In the coming weeks, we'll start to see other theories emerge about
what's triggering these abilities in people all over the world -
theories that have little to nothing to do with evolution. So Dr.
Suresh may have been right about the effect, but not necessarily the
cause. Were they the victims of secret government experiments? Or
tampering from the future a la The 4400? Or something else?

Per an NBC interview, Greg Grunberg reveals that his character Matt
Parkman failed the detective test three times because he has a secret
about which he's ashamed: he has dyslexia.

Niki killed DL's crew in self defense - it had not been her intention
to kill them all and frame DL (who really needs a new name, since "on
the DL" is inner-city slang for "secretly gay") but after the job was
done, they turned on her and tried to make off with her share. She was
in the process of laundering the money, which is why she didn't use it
to pay off any of her debts and was keeping it in the attic.

Niki's id/ alter ego, Jessica, has super-strength. The question is -
does Niki? Note my use of the present tense there - Niki is not dead
(of course). However, who's in control of her body is up for grabs.

We'll find out a lot more about Sylar and his connection to the Suresh
family in Episode 10.

Mohinder will be back after Papa Suresh's funeral (of course.) He
finds the idea irresistable. And he may not be one of the normals - he
starts having mysterious yet meaningful dreams.

Nathan's wife is physically incapacitated from an accident for which
Nathan feels responsible. We'll learn more about this in the future
eps, and someone may see Nathan fly - a liability to his campaign that
may need to be dealt with.

It is a fact that Isaac does not need drugs to access his visions. He
will discover this in Episode 1.08 and gain better control over his
powers (and possibly finally kick the habit?) His paintings only show
possible futures - not absolute ones. So what happens in his visions
can be changed. By the way, we will not be seeing Isaac shoot up on
screen any time soon - NBC execs have ixnayed that, and has shown
concern about whether or not they're glorifying drug use.

We will see Future!Hiro as an intermittent recurring character, though
his actual existence is in the "distant future" (whatever that means).

xponent

Weekend Preview Maru

rob