Perhaps not, but on a satirical news show the irony
was appropriate.  It was certainly apropos when you
consider, our planet a complex living organism (as Dr.
Brin does in his novel, "Earth") in which case humans
could be compared to the HIV virus.
Jon Mann

Unfortunately, statements like that aren't much help.
-- Ronn!

CBS today broadcast a memorial to Kurt Vonnegut on
Sunday Morning.  He appeared on the Jon Stewart show
in 1995 and was quoted as saying,"our planet's immune
system is trying to get rid of us, and should..."
Jon Mann