At 03:03 PM Saturday 8/11/2007, Mauro Diotallevi wrote:
>On 8/11/07, Ronn! Blankenship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > At 09:17 AM Friday 8/10/2007, Mauro Diotallevi wrote:
> > >This is the weekend that the Perseid meteor shower should peak.
> >

> > So give it a peek.
> >
> > If it's cloudy, you may be piqued.
> >

> > >http://www.earthsky.org/radioshows/51468/the-2007-peak-of-the-per
> seid-meteor-showe
> > >(no "r" at the end)
> >

> > Maybe that means it's a really big showe . . .
>
>I have some friends who are going camping this weekend so that they
>can watch the show(e) -- that is, if they can still see straight by
>dark.  They're taking an obscene amount of beer along.
>
>My wife and I may be taking a little romantic drive out into the
>country late tonight to take a look.  It should be lots of fun.

There was some haze and high, thin stuff here this morning, but I did
see a handful which equaled or surpassed Mars in brightness.  One of
them was clearly a non-shower member, as it was going the wrong way
(across Cassiopeia toward the head of Perseus).  Sunday morning the
air was more transparent, and though I didn't get out until it was
starting to get a little light I saw a few fainter ones.

-- Ronn!  :)