On 6 Oct 2007, at 15:51, Robert Seeberger wrote:

> http://www.wired.com/politics/security/commentary/securitymatters/
> 2007/10/securitymatters_1004
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2xevsm
>
> The Storm worm first appeared at the beginning of the year, hiding in
> e-mail attachments with the subject line: "230 dead as storm batters
> Europe." Those who opened the attachment became infected, their
> computers joining an ever-growing botnet.

<snip>
> Oddly enough, Storm isn't doing much, so far, except gathering
> strength. Aside from continuing to infect other Windows machines and
> attacking particular sites that are attacking it, Storm has only been
> implicated in some pump-and-dump stock scams. There are rumors that
> Storm is leased out to other criminal groups. Other than that,
> nothing.
>
> Personally, I'm worried about what Storm's creators are planning for
> Phase II.
>
> By: Bruce Schneier

> ***
>
> Considering the bot-attack that recently isolated Estonia from the net
> for a good while, this probably deserves some attention and a lot of
> investigation into world criminal syndicates. It is not the
> loner-hacker who should be considered a threat.
>
> xponent
>
> Awareness Maru
>
> rob

It vindicates what I've been saying all along: that Windows computers
are simply too insecure to be allowed to be connected to the public
networks.

Right Again Maru

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Our products just aren't engineered for security." - Brian
Valentine, senior vice president in charge of Microsoft's Windows
development team.