On 6 Dec 2007, at 15:17, Nick Arnett wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2007 3:31 AM, William T Goodall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>

>> That's another reason religion is evil. People with faith will tie
>> themselves in knots to avoid confronting information that conflicts
>> with their beliefs.
>

> But thank goodness that people with scientific beliefs never have any
> trouble confronting information that conflicts with their beliefs.
> If
> scientists weren't so open-minded and willing to abandon old
> theories in a
> flash, science would hardly move forward at all!

This is completely irrelevant misdirection and entirely typical of the
faith-addled response to a reasonable discussion.

This is arguing that smoking doesn't cause cancer because sunbathing
causes cancer.

> Please excuse the sarcasm... but there are benefits of the existence
> of
> conservatives in faith, science and other endeavors.  Even though
> I'm not
> one of them in most domains, I can see the value.  And you, William,
> seem to
> be a radically conservative atheist, apparently utterly unwilling to
> confront any ideas that would conflict with your belief.

I confront them all the time. Vigourously. That's how this discussion
got started!

Gentle Correction Maru
--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I believe OS/2 is destined to be the most important operating system,
and possibly program, of all time." - Bill Gates, 1987