I am going to launch a world building wiki.  The working name for the project
is "Red".

Since world building shares a lot with encyclopedias I'm planning to use
MediaWiki.

I haven't decided on GFDL or Creative Commons license yet.

The wiki will not be an Uplift site.

These are the features that I'm thinking of as part of a fairly
Luddite "cannon".

--Only STL travel is possible.  No FTL, no worm holes.
--No reactionless drives.
--No antigravity.
----The main means of travel is by beam riding ships weighing a few grams and
made of computronium.
--Most forms of sophonce do not rely on quantum states
----Therefore, mental states can be non-destructively copied.
--The galaxy is entirely colonized.
----Therefore we are millions of years in the future.
-----Therefore humans are extinct.
-----Therefore economic ecology is very post-singularity.
--Fermi was right.  All "life" is Terragenetic.
--Sapient beings who are any distance up the eco-econ trophic levels live a
LONG time.
----Interstellar correspondence is reasonable, even at light speed or slower.
--There are many unimaginably smart sapients
--The island nature of each star means that an eco-econ tends to involution.
----Stellar habitats tend to convert matter into huge Dyson swarms.
------Dyson swarms use as much solar energy as possible.
------Solar systems look like big, cold spheres from the outside.
--Eco-econs suffer from relative scarcity.

Feedback is sought.  I'm wondering if this cannon is going to be too
unpopular.  Maybe no one will play with me.