Trent Shipley wrote:
> How much private land is there that could be converted from lower yield to
> cellulose production?  Could ex-farms on the Montana and Dakota prairies be
> put back into production as cellulose ranches?  (In AZ we can grow agave on
> some private ranch land.)

I dunno.  We should note that high-yield switchgrass cultivation
requires tending and fertilizing the grass.  "Natural" growth will not
yield enough product to be economical.  The research I linked to
previously *does* include the energy cost for the tending and fertlizing
in the cost-benefit ratio, so it's still a good thing.

--[Lance]

--
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
 Carolina Spirit Quest  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/