Well, I think that type of god would be a very poor excuse for God. It
reduces God to the mundane, and removes the transcendental nature of God.

I think the question and the comments made within this thread of whatever
there is needing to part of the universe assume a connection between
understanding the universe and understanding what things are really like
apart from us that the evidence is tending against.

One reference that I find useful in considering this is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpretation_of_quantum_mechanics

which includes a partial table of QM interpretations.  Reading through these
various interpretations of QM and you get a wide variety of descriptions of
reality.  I can add a few more descriptions that would also be consistent
with QM.

This is not to say there have been no advancements in the understanding in
the foundation of QM.  There have been, including the work on decoherence
that offers some hope of a QM theory of QM measurement (works OK as a toy
model, but hasn't gone much further....but that's still not a bad thing).

However, with all of these advances, the QM "weirdness" has not been
eliminated, it's just been pushed to another corner.  In the sciam website
there was a discussion of a potential experimental test at the Plank limit
that might be able to turn at least some interpretations into theories.
But, further reading on this subject indicates that the same sorta thing
that happens with decoherence will also happen here.....the fundamental
interpretation problem is not solved by turning the interpretation into
theories....rather the interpretation problem is merely stated in a new way.

So, given this state of the mundane, I hope you can see why I do not believe
in a God rooted in the mundane.

Dan M.