I think that it is clear that nature will restore a balance if necessary. If we
are indeed over-populated (and I suspect that is the case), the balance will be
restored through the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse, in some kind of combination.
Whether Ronn will find that
less offensive I cannot say.
Kevin B. O'Brien

There's a vast difference between people dying despite everything possible at
the time being done to save them and some people  channeling E. Scrooge and
saying that it would be A Good Thing for other folks to die and "reduce the
surplus population."  Or does IAAMOAC mean that civilized behavior includes
throwing other people  under the wheels in order to save themselves?
. . . ronn!  :)

  ronn, i said it would be "A Good Thing" FOR THE PLANET...   i was not
advocating genocide, not was i suggesting other people should die so i could
live.
  i will say that if humans are the cause of their own extinction, there is a
sort of poetic justice.  to quote larry niven, "think of it as evolution in
action"...
  jon