Julia Thompson wrote:

> The moon.  The frakkin' moon.
>
> By what they said in dialogue at one point, I figured it was waning.  Then
> when we saw it on the screen, it was waxing.
>
> Do they need to hire someone who understands the phases of the moon there?

The idiocy of script writers spoiled the first time I saw Ladyhawke. When
there was that riddle about "a day that is not a day, a night that is not a
night", I yawned and thought "solar eclipse". But then they showed an
almost-full moon, three days before that event, and I suddenly thought that
it should be something else - maybe the SN 1054, the Crab Supernova. Of
course, they decided to ignore science and put a trivial solar eclipse :-/

Alberto Monteiro