On 6 Jun 2008, at 17:04, Mauro Diotallevi wrote:

>>> More of a waste of time than watching television?
>>
>> Computer games are a kind of amateur sports for people who aren't
>> good
>> at sports. I believe they even adjust their difficulty automatically
>> to suit the player, presenting a gratifying illusion of challenge and
>> success.
>
> Spoken like someone who isn't any good at computer games.  ;-)

Wouldn't I have to play them to find out how good I am? Which I don't.

>> The best television is an art form. I don't need to justify art do I?
>>
>> Culture Maru
>
> The best computer games are art as well.

I'm sure artistry goes into making them. I just don't see it in
playing them.

>  I've even heard people talk
> about the artistic beauty of a perfectly executed pick and roll in
> basketball.  *Anything* can be done as an art form.

I think that's stretching a bit far.

Hyperbole Maru

  "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product
of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still
primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish." - Albert
Einstein

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]