On 17/07/2008, at 3:54 PM, Dave Land wrote:
> It's up to the manufacturers: add a layer _in_the_box_ between Windows
> and the big, bad Interwebs. Sell it as the "Internet Security version
> with built-in hardware firewall".

To be fair, a good number of ADSL "modems" are NAT routers these days.
Ours is. Which means I have to configure port forwarding on two boxes
to get P2P going on my PC, but that's cool.

> Or, just buy a Mac and be free from all that rot and have a better
> operating system, besides.

*lalalalalalala* I can't hear you!!!

Oh wait, we've got one. No, two, both MacBooks. No, three including
the G3 iMac in the cupboard... And I'm strongly considering getting an
EeeeeeeeeeeeeePC or similar and turning it into a Hackintosh... :-)

And one XP/Ubuntu dual boot, and one with Vista 64 (so I can play 64-
bit Far Cry... Mmmmmmmm). And a couple of other random ancient (like
P3s) boxes with XP or Linux on that are for playtime.

Charlie.