On 22 Jul 2008, at 20:58, Mauro Diotallevi wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 10:04 PM, William T Goodall
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> There used to be seven colours in a rainbow and four basic flavours
>> (sweet, sour, bitter, salt) and then indigo became a shade of violet
>> and umami became the fifth basic flavour.
>
> I thought that there were still 7 colors of the rainbow *including*
> indigo.  I learned the colors as ROY G BIV -- Red Orange Yellow Green
> Blue Indigo Violet.
>
> Or did you learn a different system?

When I was in high school back in the 70s a biology teacher explained
that Newton squeezed indigo into the rainbow because of his
numerological obsessions. And we got to look at the Ishihara colour
test cards and discovered one of our classmates was colour blind.

Bit of a shock for him, but it's OK he's a consultant surgeon now.

Not a pilot Maru.
--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If
so, then Microsoft would have great products." - Steve Jobs