At 03:35 PM Friday 8/22/2008, Dave Land wrote:
>On Aug 22, 2008, at 7:13 AM, Julia Thompson wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, Ronn! Blankenship wrote:
> >> That's because the proper medical term is cranio-rectal
> >> intussception*, or "CRI" . . .
> >
> > Didn't work on *that*, either.
>
>Two problems here:
>
>First, the medical term that Ronn! may be groping for (eww!) is
>"intussusception", not "intussception".

I wonder how that happened:  I took some pains to
get it correct before I sent it.  I wonder if a
spell-checker somehow decided all by itself to get it wrong . . .

>Second, a CRI is a "Cranio-Rectal Inversion".
>
>Google THAT and you'll find plenty of mentions.
>
>Dave

But a medical professional knows that they are
not the same thing, and that
I—N—T—U—S—S—U—S—C—E—P—T—I—O—N is the more
accurate term for one body part having been slid or telescoped into another.

A Bad Spell Maru

. . . ronn!  :)