>I don't trust McCain, I don't trust Republican machinery, I don't trust Obama,
>and I don't trust Democrat's machinery.
>I do not trust politicians. Do you?

Yes, I do trust some politicians -- and more to the point I trust some more
than others. The cynical position that all politicians are bad or untrustworthy
is no more reasonable than any other blanket indictment of a group.   I think
the record of administrations in my lifetime (I'm 45, born the same week
Kennedy was shot) is pretty clear -- Democrats have proven themselves more
responsible and trustworthy than Republicans by orders of magnitude.  Not only
on "Democratic" issues like civil rights and the environment (my number one
issue) but also on what are supposed to be conservative issues like fiscal
responsibility.  Clinton was by far the most fiscally responsible president of
my lifetime.  And yes, I trusted Bill Clinton on the big issues -- not on
everything certainly, not on his personal life for instance, and I recognize
the faults of both Clintons, through I have enormous respect for both of them
-- but I think its telling that Clinton got impeached in large part be
 cause he had enough respect for the rule of law to testify under oath for a
deposition.  He lied, true, but he lied about a question that never should have
been within the scope of the investigation in the first place.  The Bush gang
won't go anywhere near an oath -- they avoid them like vampires avoid garlic.

I trust the Democratic party several orders of magnitude more than I trust the
Republicans, and I don't think that's just ideology -- I think it's the only
valid empirical conclusion from the experience of the last forty years.

Olin