On 31/08/2008, at 5:30 AM, Jon Louis Mann wrote:

>> The reason to give shots early is that's when the
>> immune system is
>> doing its major formational work, "learning" as
>> much as it can as fast
>> as it can. Vaccination is more likely to be effective for
>> different
>> diseases at different times.
>> Charlie.
>
> as long as they are not all given at the same time, when there is a
> possibility of an interaction that could cause autism...

Is there such a possibility? There doesn't seem to be *any* evidence
for this.

>  is there any kind of formula which vaccines are  more likely to be
> effective for different  diseases at different times?

Formula? Probably not. But medics do, you know, think about that sort
of stuff. My knowledge of vaccines from my degree is purely on the
theory side and at first/second year undergrad level. So I understand
how they work in principle; I understand the specifics for influenza,
polio and smallpox ('cause they're the classic case studies) but the
practical side I don't know as much about. What I do know is this:
that there are people as smart or smarter than I am who *DO* know the
practical side and have done the hard yards over the couple of hundred
years since Pasteur, and I trust the process to get it right more than
it gets it wrong.

Charlie.