At 12:00 PM 9/4/2008, jamespv wrote:

>Naw Naw you are not the only freezer folks count me in but I have one problem
>its not solar or wind energy back-up.  It is those who are left
>behind to operate
>the freezers and start the coolant and dip me into the deep
>freeze.  I would much
>rather a self-activativating machine which I can start myself on one
>of my best days
>and in my best mood with a switch that is not controlled by an
>insurance policy or
>wayward child.

I think by the time we have self-activating machines of this capacity
the time for cryonics will be past.

After some rather gruesome experiences, descendants have no control
over a person who is in suspension.

We have a saying in the cryonics world, being suspended is the
_second_ worse thing that can happen to you.

The insurance companies would prefer you never collected.

Alcor has about 80 in storage at this time and around 850 signed
up.  Some of them are known SF writers.

Keith