Yup, those are the two laws.  Loving God with all one's heart, soul, and
mind and loving one's neighbor as oneself are the two Great Commandments
that Jesus refers too.

Earlier than Jesus, Eammial (sp) one of the founding rabbis of the Talmud
has been quoted saying something very similar to what Jesus said as the
second law about 100 years earlier.

There's a story that goes with this, but my portable just crashed and I
don't have time to write it now.  If anyone is interested, I'll do it later.

Dan M.