> > > i think it is already too late, considering
> humanity's greed, and lack of foresight.

> >Could be. I had a heck of a time getting a statistically significant
> >r-squared with a 4th order curve fit to the modified Malthus
> >equation, particularly with the stiffness of the inverse-greed parameter.

it's not just about population demographics; it is about large carbon
footprints due to capitalism, greed, and materialism.  western populations are
probably one of the worse offenders, but the asian countries are rapidly
catching up with our model.  more and more people are starting to curb their
voracious appetites, largely due to economic conditions.  corporations that
feed the greed are also starting to feel the effect, but increased demand and
decreased supply still create increased profit.
jon