"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>, I'm going to ask some questions that others interpret as setting
> strawmen.

I'm not saying don't ask, but I won't guarantee an answer. Although you wouldn't
know it from my posts, I actually wanted to discuss science fiction when
I joined this list (I got a bit sidetracked, obviously). No one wanted to
discuss
Greg Bear's latest book. I just started Neal Stephenson's new book,
Anathem. I'm having a little trouble getting started, the beginning is a bit
slow (heh, big contrast with Snow Crash). If you want to take a break from
your work, you could always read Anathem and then discuss it here! :-)