On 9/13/2008 2:47:37 PM, Julia Thompson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Sep 2008, Rceeberger wrote:
>
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
> >
> > Some pics I took just after the storm ended, all within 50 or 60 yards
> > of my front door.
>
> "Tennis court doubles as retention pond" - was that by design?  If so,
> that's reasonably clever.  If not, well, at least it's not flooding some
> more vital things.

The manager here says it was. She says it was a bit of trickery used to
avoid building a seperate retention area.
It seems to work quite well actually. The parking lots drain first, then the
childrens playground and finally the tennis court.
Nothing flooded here. The only water damage seen so far was from morons who
did not close their patio doors before they evacuated. (A Whiskey Tango
Foxtrot moment if I ever saw one)
Not a single window broke, despite the fact that only a half dozen or so
units boarded up.
The farther you get from my apartment, the more damage you see. I'm told we
are the only people in Webster with utility power. Heck, the City of Webster
lost power at 9 last night. Webster PD ran on generators all night.
Officer Friendly raided a construction site's ice machine before the storm
so most of us have ice chests full of ice. Now that ice machine is down and
filled with melting ice.

On another note, the Houston Texans game against the Ravens has been
*cancelled* due to damage to Reliant Stadiums retractable roof. Can't
remember the last time that happened.

xponent
The Cleansing Of Storms Maru
rob