On 17/09/2008, at 8:05 AM, Ronn! Blankenship wrote:
> No, it's just what I ask _everybody_ who suggests that "approaching 7
> billion" (or whatever the current world population happens to be) is
> "too many" people:  where _specifically_ do you suggest that the
> needed reductions be made, and if you personally are not at the head
> of that list, how do you justify putting anyone else ahead of you?

How about - let's try to lower the birth rate, rather than increase
the death rate? Hmmm?

As education and life expectancy and SoL increase, birth rate
plummets. As has been pointed out, if we can raise living standards
world-wide without the gross overconsumption of Australia or the US
then we may be sustainable in the long run. Right now, we're not.

C.