On 21 Oct 2008 at 7:48, Dave Land wrote:

> On Oct 21, 2008, at 5:20 AM, Andrew Crystall wrote:
>
> > On 19 Oct 2008 at 19:07, Nick Arnett wrote:
> >
> >> I'll stop feeding him now and perhaps ponder just how much
> >> disruption the
> >> list managers should tolerate.  A lot, of course, but  sheesh...
> >
> > Said it before, say it again: You're far too forgiving.
> >
> > On forum / list / wiki moderation, I fall into the Stalin/Gulag camp
> > of moderation. I once was one of the admins a forum where we made
> > people take and post photos of a hand-written apology to be able to
> > post again after certain offences...
>
> And you settled for that only because you couldn't physically put them
> in the stocks and have people pelt them with eggs?

Oh it didn't get posted publically. Unless they offended again, in
which case they got banned and a nice picture of their appology
stamped with a big red "Banned" got posted in a special sub-forum for
it.

Heh.

There were six bans in two years in a very...often
disagreeable...community of several hundred.

AndrewC
Dawn Falcon