On Oct 26, 2008, at 5:29 PM, Julia Thompson wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Oct 2008, John Williams wrote:
>
>> Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>>> Well, on my ballot, if I were to not vote for the incumbent in a
>>> lot of
>>> the state & local races, that left me with a choice between a
>>> Democrat and
>>> a Libertarian in all of the cases where I was left with a choice
>>> of 2
>>> non-incumbents.  The Democrats would be more likely to spend
>>> more.  Which
>>> is why I came to the conclusion I did.
>>>
>>> I guess your ballots are somewhat different from mine, then, in
>>> terms of
>>> how heavily any given party is represented, and how likely a
>>> candidate
>>> from a particular party is to beat one from another particular
>>> party.
>>
>> I wish there were as many libertarians in the top 3 on my ballots
>> as there
>> were on yours! You must live in a libertarian-friendly area.
>
> North of Austin, TX.
>
> Texas is somewhat interesting that way in some places....
>
>       Julia

And, in many cases, the Libertarian Party candidates are something a
little different from what I'd call small-l libertarian.  The capital-
L variety, around here at least, tend to be more than a little on the
neopentecostal-theocratic side.

"Correct morality can only be derived from what man is—not from what
do-gooders and well-meaning Aunt Nellies would like him to be."  --
Robert A. Heinlein