Lance A. Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> John Williams wrote:
> > there will be decisions made by people, and people do make mistakes.

> You are assuming everyone is a rational actor.

By no means is everyone a rational actor. People make mistakes, act
emotionally instead of rationally, and generally tend to screw things up.
Politicians especially.

> You argue that diverse decentralized systems work better because
> mistakes are uncorrelated and failures are localized.

This is too strong, sorry if I overstated. Mistakes are less correlated
and failures are more localized, relative to government control which
tends to create strong, long-range correlations.

> Instead, we are faced with actors who will collude with each other to
> manipulate markets, subvert systems, and for the short term gain without
> regard to long-term consequences.

Definitely. Such actors exist in government, as well. In fact, they dominate
government.