On Jan 31, 2009, at 4:38 PM, Rceeberger wrote:

> http://www.flatlandthemovie.com/
>
> This flew right under my radar. Anyone seen it?
> I really loved the book, it is a treasure.

Bought it and enjoyed it with Peggy and Ryan. It had Ryan wondering
about higher dimensions for days afterwards.

The movie is nicely animated and well-voiced; cute but not too cute,
smart but not too smart. A diverting half-hour or so.

Two of our favorite parts were slacker-voiced one-dimensional "king of
line-land" and the frankly insane, entirely self-absorbed zero-
dimensional "point". The god-like character of the 3-dimensional
sphere is spot on, as is his flat-out rejection of the "preposterous"
notion of a 4th dimension.

I am not sure whether the fact that the hypercube as shown at the end
of the video (which I've seen elsewhere) makes no sense to me as a
model of a 4-dimensional object intersecting with our 3-dimensional
space is because I can't conceive of what that would be like on my
own, or if the model (as also animated here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercube)
  is somehow deficient.

I'm guessing it's the former.

Dave, stuck in 3D