On Feb 8, 2009, at 11:35 AM, Nick Arnett wrote:

>> Repeating the call-out on the Culture list.
>> Are our Aussie friends doing OK?
>> We worry for you.
>

> Yeah... 96 dead.  Sounding too much like the Oakland Hills firestorm
> times
> 10.  Already four times as many killed.
>
> Very scary.
>
> Nick

When the words "fire", "summer", and "eucalypts" come together in my
mind, they produce the result "very glad I'm not in Australia right
now".  Not quite as dangerous as trying to live among open 55 gallon
drums of gasoline and trying not to ignite any of them .. but not by
much.  Somewhat closer than with southern California chaparral during
the Santa Anas.  Definitely hope everyone's OK, and as little as
possible of what's not supposed to burn actually burned.  :S