Euan Ritchie wrote:
>> It was almost a "perfect storm" for fire conditions.
>>

> I'm 1,500 miles downwind and was reminded of the end to "The Sheep Look
> Up" last night when I thought I could smell faint burning on the air.

I felt the same... I woke at ~2am, and I smelt burning outside. I looked
up the local file listings and saw that they hadn't been updated since
Friday. I then checked the wind and synoptic-charts from the past few
days and saw that it was feasible that the winds from down there had
brought with it dust and smoke... I still don't see any bush-fires or
large-fires listed here, so it was either a bonfire or psychosomatic.