With the bicentennial of Darwin's birth and the 150th anniversary of
_The Origin of Species_ this year there's been a lot of news coverage
lately on 'Darwinism', and with the politicisation of the subject by
religionists and the  misdirection favoured by those trying to
confound the matter the agenda of some of these stories is hard to
parse.

This essay

http://tinyurl.com/ctpuqq

in _The New York Times_  'Darwinism Must Die So That Evolution May
Live' is an example.

Scientists don't talk about "Darwinism", creationists do.

This seems to be an attempt at 'framing' the science by altering the
terms of the debate. I can understand how frustrated rational people
get at the rhetorical antics of the superstitious religionists but
fighting truth-mangling with more truth-mangling seems wrong to me.

Necessary lies Maru
--
William T Goodall
Mail : w...@wtgab.demon.co.uk

"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant
market share. No chance" - Steve Ballmer