On 11/02/2009, at 12:14 PM, Max Battcher wrote:

> William T Goodall wrote:
>> in _The New York Times_  'Darwinism Must Die So That Evolution May
>> Live' is an example.
>>
>> Scientists don't talk about "Darwinism", creationists do.
>
> I can't think of a recent example by just about anyone of the term
> "darwinism" that was outside of the phrase "social darwinism" or in
> reference to the "darwin awards".

Then you don't deal with creationists much - "Darwinist" is how they
frame evolutionary scientists.

But I don't necessarily disagree with the spirit of spending less
emphasis on the scientists and more on the science.

But still, Happy 200th Birthday Charles Darwin (tomorrow in
Americaland). I'm sorry you didn't get to see genetics, you'd have
been delighted.

Charlie.