Dave Land wrote:

>> But of course I was referring to the conspiracy-theory _secret_ nazi
>> base. The secret nazi base in the other side of the Moon was found
>> when the first spaceships mapped that place, and it was preemptively
>> destroyed with the first successful time-travelling experiment.
>
> I think that "preemptively destroyed with the first successful time-
> traveling experiment" may be the best phrase I've read in a long time.

Believe it or not, I know people who _believe_ in those conspiracy
theories. They claim that "The Philadelphia Project" movie was based
on _real facts_!

> But wait.
>
> If they did that, how would the spaceships have mapped it? Did they
> map the ruins? Did they destroy it after it was mapped? If so, how
> would that qualify as preemptive? Did they destroy the rockets that
> were delivering the Necronomicon to the moon before the secret base
> was even built? If so, then what did the spaceships actually map?

No, no, no. In the 70s, when the first russian or americans ships began
mapping the other side of the Moon, they found a huge Nazi occupation,
that began in the 1945s. So, they (CIA or KGB or both) used time-travel
to go _back_ to 1945 and destroy the base (or, probably, destroy the
nazi launch sites) so that there would not be any nazi moon base.

Probably that's when they destroyed the german copy of the Necronomicon,
therefore cutting out the information that would enable time-travel. History
and Meta-History was preserved because a few gifted people retain memory
of what-should-be, and this memory is enhanced with the use of anphetamins.

Alberto Monteiro