  From: medieva...@aol.com
  To: brin-l@mccmedia.com
  Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2009 11:49 AM
  Subject: Re: New Uplift Universe question....

  You mean Uplift novels.

  Dr. Brin is in the marketing stage for his new close (to present)
  future history.

  Personally, I've done everything I can to try to kick him back into
  Uplift mode. Nothing has worked.

  (There was a note somewhere that he has a humor Uplift short
  story in the works.)

  A return to Jijo was his original intention, as mentioned in
  the revised issue of GURPS Uplift. I don't think that's still
  valid. Fans want a return to the main civilization.

  So what next?

  The obvious desire of every reader is to see Gill and Tom
  together again.

  Not yet, I think.

  At least not in just one novel. That'd be advancing too
  far too quickly.

  And there are several novel ideas that don't even
  advance in time.

  The Brothers of the Night on Calafia.
  The "true" history of how we got Calafia.
  The Hoon escape of 2000 years ago.

  And my favorite:

  Earth from the Garthling Uplift Ceremony to
  Streaker's arrival.

  Now for someone who's looking for hints as to
  what will happen after Streaker's return, go
  reread Contacting Aliens. Too much detail was
  given away there if one actually goes looking
  for it.

  And I've suggested to Dr. Brin a novel based upon
  the Rousit.

  Anybody remember the Rousit? They got left out
  of Contacting Aliens.

  William Taylor

  Name the ship piloted by Bugs Bunny:

  Whatta Maru