At 11:48 PM Thursday 7/9/2009, John Williams wrote:
On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Doug Pensinger<brig...@zo.com> wrote:

> I'd estimate the efficiency of my gmail filter is 99% or better.

That is a particularly uninformative statistic.

Much more interesting would be two figures: probability of false
positives ( number of real marked as spam / number of real), and
probability of false negatives (number spam passed as real / number of
spam).

Yep. I can tell you how to easily guarantee that you will never get //any// spam on your mail account . . .

. . . ronn! :)

I always knew that I would see the first man on the Moon.
I never dreamed that I would see the last.
        --Dr. Jerry Pournelle