Doug wrote:

>Now see, I guess I dont understand what passive-aggressive means because I
>would think that his confrontational, >sometimes sarcastic style has any
>passivity to it.

I see it differently, perhaps. "Passive-agressive" may not be the right
clinical term here, but I find repeated statements such as "I"m just asking
questions" and intimations of it being the other persons' faults for how they
interpret what you're writing as a way to irritate someone and present a point
of view without *really* presenting it. It may not be a textbook definition,
but that's how it strikes me.

I'm not saying JW does this regularly, it's just something I get exposed to on
a lot of lists and it pushes my buttons, so it's certainly possible the fault
lies within me. Erik used to do it to people here all the time (JVB was
*especially* prone to rising to that particular bait(, and that was one of the
reasons I could barely stand to read even his quality posts.

Jim
Confessionals Maru