Actually, the best economic prediction I ever heard was in a song:

"What goes up, must come down. Spinning wheel ,spiinnig around. Talk about your
troubles by the riverside. Ride a painted pony let the spinning wheel ...."

And for the current decade, "The party's over. It's time to call it a day.
They've burst your pretty balloon and taken the moon away. It's time to wind up
this masquerade, take off your makeup, the party's over, it's all over, my
friend...."

http://idiotgrrl.livejournal.com/