On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 11:19 PM, Doug Pensinger <brig...@zo.com> wrote:

> I think the reason you're still waiting for Brin's books is also the
> answer to you're question about the number of titles available.
> They're probably negotiating with a lot of authors for the rights or
> dealing with copyright issues.

Brin said he already signed the contract for Kindle versions.

But author reluctance may be an issue, as you say. I read that J. K.
Rowling refuses to have any of her books be released electronically.

Still, I'd think that science fiction authors would tend to be willing
to have their books released electronically.