On 25/09/2009, at 11:13 AM, Ray Ludenia wrote:

On Sep 25, 2009, at 8:05 AM, Charlie Bell wrote:

On 25/09/2009, at 4:20 AM, Jo Anne wrote:

Charlie wrote:
A kind of biccie (or possibly a cake?). A sort of sponge base with an
orangey bit and a chocalate covering on one side. :)

ROFL!  Now it's *perfectly* clear.  What the heck is a biccie?

Biccie is biscuit in the same way that sarnie is sandwich.

A bickie is indeed a biscuit to right-thinking people, but that's just going to confuse others who think a biscuit is a "small bread" more like a scone. I hope Jo Anne remembers her lessons in Aussie- speak, so she probably knows what you mean.

For more info on Jaffa cake, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaffa_cake

Yes. And there's a place on Collins Street that imports them. So the next time you and the Other Half are in the big smoke, we'll have to have tea and appropriate biccies.

In fact, I still owe you a bed, so you're more than welcome to stay overnight if you're up for theatre or whatever.

Charlie.