From the UK comes this:

School lab health and safety rules 'could stop future scientists' - Times Online - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/education/school_league_tables/article6861136.ece

I was about to mention that as a scientist and educator I have long bemoaned the unavailability any more of chemistry sets and add-ons that I was able to get back in the back in the 60s when the ad for College Choice came on http://adweek.blogs.com/adfreak/2009/09/offspring-of-idiots-need-college-savings-too.html (the top one on that page). Of course, they could also have done that about HCl (which apparently is one of the ingredients used now to turn Sudafed into crystal meth), which back then I could and did order on multiple occasions, along with other things that today would be considered as most likely to be used in making drugs or explosives or just to annoy the postman if he ignored the "FRAGILE" stickers all over the package and dropped or kicked it enough to cause a leak . . .

. . . ronn!  :)